This is a Paula Dean recipe that I can’t get enough of.. Honestly, I think I’m burning out my wife and kids on it cuz I make it so much, but I can’t get enough of it. The flavor is just mouth watering and not much work at all to prepare. I usually do a double batch to have leftovers for lunches, which BTW it re-warms pretty well..
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (I like large elbows or medium shells)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 oz ) can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- Boil the macaroni in water for 6 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter and add cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- In the slow cooker, combine melted cheese, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard, and pepper.
- Add the drained macaroni, and mix ingredients well, so all macaroni is coated.
- cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. I usually stir 2-3 times and its always done at the 2 hour mark.
I would put this mac and cheese up against some of the best that come out of an oven.. Regardless, after you throw this together for the first time, you won’t have boxed mac and cheese ever again…