This is my favorite mac and cheese recipe EVER! It’s one of those quick fixes that feeds the whole family and with plenty of left overs.Note: I double this recipe to fill a 5 quart slow cooker.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (I like large elbows or medium shells)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 oz ) can of condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- Boil the macaroni in water for 6 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter and add cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- In the slow cooker, combine melted cheese, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard, and pepper.
- Add the drained macaroni, and mix ingredients well, so all macaroni is coated.
- cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. I usually stir 2-3 times and its always done at the 2 hour mark.